There are a number of traditional methods to remove unwanted hair: shaving, plucking, waxing, depilatory creams and electrolysis – all of which can be painful, time consuming and expensive over time. Shaving may last a day, waxing a couple of weeks, but none of them last long term – and therein lies the true beauty of the Soprano XL SHR laser hair removal system.
The benefits of this new, world class revolutionary hair removal system include:
- Virtually pain-free: patients report that it feels similar to a “hot stone massage”
- Quicker than traditional laser hair removal
- Recovery-free so you can return to normal activities immediately
- Safe and effective for all skin types including Asian, black and tanned skin
- Complete coverage with no missed spots
- Perfect for any body area – including more sensitive areas like the face, neck and bikini area
What is the Soprano XL SHR?
Soprano XL is a leading, world class revolutionary new laser Super Hair Removal (SHR) system that is officially approved by the United States FDA as “pain free.”
Soprano XL combines the best laser for hair removal in the industry. It offers “GOLD STANDARD” features of 810nm diode with an exclusive ‘in motion’ approach which can deliver fast, unsurpassed results more safely and usually in less treatments.
How does it work?
The Soprano Pain-Free, Hair-Free™ laser system gradually heats the hair follicles in the skin using pulses of infrared diode laser energy. This destroys the hair follicles and they can no longer produce new hair.
The unique, IN-Motion™ technology enables a much wider areas to be treated more quickly than ever before. It also eliminates any missed areas or patchy areas, common with other types of laser. In addition, a patented DualChill™ mechanism ensures the surface of your skin stays cool, protected and comfortable throughout your laser treatment.
Which body areas can be treated?
Pain-Free, Hair-Free™ is perfect for any area of the body. This includes even the more sensitive areas like the face, neck, bikini and back area.
Does it really not hurt?
Most people find the Pain-Free, Hair-Free™ laser hair removal treatment very comfortable, and similar to a “hot stone massage”. Pain differs from person to person, and is very much subjective, however, if you find it otherwise please let us know. We can adjust your treatment to ensure future treatments are more comfortable.
Is the treatment safe?
Laser hair removal is the most popular aesthetic procedure performed annually worldwide. Because Pain-Free, Hair-Free™ utilises IN-MOTION™ and safer low-heat settings, the Soprano XL is able to provide a level of safety unlike any other laser hair removal procedure.
We do not recommend that you have any laser treatment during pregnancy or while breastfeeding simply because safety thereof has not been established.
Is it safe to use on all skin types?
The Pain-Free, Hair-Free™ laser hair removal treatment is safe for all skin types. It can be used on tanned skin. We do however recommend that you are not actively tanning at the time of your treatment.
Does the laser work on light, grey or fine hair?
Unfortunately not. The laser is only effective on dark pigmented hair.
Does the hair need to be a certain length for the treatment?
No. We ask that you shave or trim the hair at the skin’s surface the day before you come in for your treatment.
How many treatments will I need?
A course of 6 treatments, at 6 week intervals, is adequate to provide 80-90% hair reduction. The number of treatments required can vary depending on skin type, hair density, colour, the area being treated and your specific hair growth. In turn, the density of your hair and its growth also depends on other factors such as age, hormones, medication and your background.
Why do I need repeat treatments?
Because hair growth occurs in 4 stages: Early Anagen (early hair growth), Anagen (active hair growth) Catagen (regression) Telogen (resting, not growing). Laser treatment only treat hair follicles that are actively producing hair at the time of treatment (in the Anagen phase); resting follicles must enter the growth phase before they can be treated. For this reason the treatment must be repeated until all the hair follicles have passed through the active growth phase.
Can I still wax or tweeze the hair in between my appointments?
No, this may disrupt the process. If necessary, please just shave or trim the hair at the skin’s surface in between and right before your treatments.
Will my hair ever grow back?
Once a hair follicle is damaged it cannot grow hair again. But, hair follicles that did not enter the active growth phase at the time of your treatment course will still need to be treated. It is therefore not unusual for patients to have a touch-up treatment 6-12 months after the initial treatment to maintain a good result. Patients experiencing hormonal changes may also require touch up treatments from time to time as the nature of their growth change with the hormonal changes.
- Please shave or the trim the hair on the skin surface area the day before or on the morning of the treatment
- Do not use depilatory creams 6 weeks prior to treatment
- You MUST avoid bleaching, plucking, waxing or threading the hair for 6 weeks prior to the treatment
- Make-up, perfume or deodorant should be removed from the treatment area prior to your appointment time
- Jewellery should be removed
- Actively tanned skin (direct sun or sun bed exposure within the last 2 weeks) should not be treated
- Immediately after the treatment the area may be red and feel like mild sunburn
- The application of cold compresses after the treatment is recommended
- Makeup can be applied immediately after treatment if required
- Do not use excessive heat or saunas, steam rooms or have hot baths or hot showers for 48 hours after the treatment
- Sun exposure or sun beds must be avoided for at least four weeks after the treatment
- A sun screen (at least SPF 50) should be used on all exposed parts for four weeks after the treatment
- New hair growth should not occur for at least 3 weeks after your treatment, however one to two weeks after the treatment, shedding of the treated (dead) hair may occur
- You may shave or use a trimmer between treatments
- On arrival, you will be asked to complete a confidential patient intake form.
- Your practitioner will then discuss your concerns and requirements with you in order to get a clear understanding of your expectations.
- After a thorough examination, the most suitable treatment options and their alternatives will be proposed to you. Treatment procedures will be clearly outlined and discussed, together with the benefits and possible risks of each.
- To ensure a good result, it is of utmost importance to carefully select our patients for this treatment.
- Your practitioner may also provide you with a quotation.
- Any questions you have about the process or treatment will be answered honestly.
- Together, you and the practitioner will then decide on the treatment that is most appropriate and safe for you.
- Any pre- and post-treatment care will be explained in detail. Written instructions may be handed to you.
You are under no obligation to book the treatment with us after your consultation, however, should you do wish to book a treatment this can be done for you after your consultation or at a later date via phone or e-mail.
At Skinlogic we can assure you that we value your health and wellbeing. You will only be seen and treated by qualified and experienced professionals.
During the Treatment
Before your treatment you will be provided with a detailed consent form. You will be asked to read and sign this prior to your having your treatment.
You will have plenty of opportunity to ask any questions you may still have regarding the treatment.
Your practitioner will cleanse the area to be treated. Ultrasound gel will be applied on the area and then the treatment will commence. Depending on the treatment intensity, most patients report feeling just a mild heating sensation. If it get uncomfortable for you in any way, your practitioner can adjust the treatment settings and cool the area.
After the procedure, the skin is calmed with the application of specialized products to provide comfort, enhance your treatment and aid recovery.